
FORMER CHURCH OF THE MISERICORDIA
Piazza San Domenico
open on exhibitions and special events.
The religious building of the Confraternity of Misericordia was erected in 1611 on a project by Francesco Maria Richino. The main works of the façade among which the statue of the Virgin, had already been ended in 1617 by the stucco worker Giovanni Viscardo. The construction was completed at the beginning of the 1700 with the inside sculptural decoration carried out by Giovanni Battista Gallo from Lugano. The canvas “The Virgin of the Rescue” and “The Earthly Triad” are attributed to Giacomo Parravicino (1660-1729), the painting “St. Anthony from Padova” to Francesco Fabbrica.
Commenti recenti